The Coaster Theatre Playhouse is a community theatre that takes “community” to heart. Our volunteer actors breathe life into the Coaster Theatre. Whether you’re a veteran performer who recently moved to the North Coast or new to the stage, we want to encourage everyone to audition at the Coaster Theatre.
WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT AUDITIONS
- The Coaster Theatre is a community theatre and all roles are non-paid
- Coaster Theatre auditions are open to all – Directors are discouraged from pre-casting roles.
- At some auditions you will cold read from sides from the show, some directors prefer you prepare sides from the show or a monologue or a song for a musical production. Be sure to read the director’s notes posted on the audition page and in the audition packet (available to download on the audition page) on this production so you’ll be ready.
- Copies of the script for each show of the season are available to check out from the Coaster Theatre if you want the chance to read the full script before auditions. A $20 refundable deposit is required to check out a script. Please note, not all musical scripts are available in advance of auditions. You can check with the theatre regarding the availability of musical scripts.
- Auditions vary from director to director. Each director has their own unique audition process
- We know that it can be disappointing not to get a part. If we have more people audition than roles available, directors have to weigh several factors when choosing a cast. We encourage you to come and audition often. Just because you weren’t right for one role doesn’t mean that you won’t be perfect for another.
- Keep your options open when auditioning. It is easy to say “there’s no part for me” or “I’m to old, young, tall, short, etc. for this role” but you never know what the director has in mind and you could be just what they are looking for in a role.
- We also like to encourage performers to get involved on the production side of shows. Helping backstage, with props, in the booth or as a stage manager is a great way to get involved with the theatre.